Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Antico


Antico Pizza was crazy good.

This place is right over the connector, on the west-side, over by Georgia Tech. Totally worth the short drunken cab drive it took to get us there.

I checked out the Antico website after hearing some chatter around town and a write up in Creative Loafing. I really didn't know what to think...Was the pizza thin, crispy, thick or soft? Do they have LOTS of cheese? What's the dining room like?

When we got to Antico we quickly learned they don't serve alcohol, its BYOB :)! Although we came empty handed we were quickly directed to a gas station down the street. A short walk and we were all set.

When you walk in Antico something seems very familiar and comfortable. It is super laid back, community seating. This means you are sitting or standing wherever with whoever. I love it. People sparking conversation and poppin' bottles all around you.

Okay, on to the pizza. We ordered the Capricciosa. Bufula motz, artichoke, mushrooms and prosciutto. This thing was so good Mal, Bridget and me killed it in no time, then ordered another. The second pie was the San Gennaro. Sweet red pepper, bufula motz and some spicy sausage. Both pies were cooked perfect, good ingredients and pizza sauce that I think I could drink it was so good. The crust was soft and crispy, what? It was sweet and salty. I know I was a little tipsy, but I think I really like this place a lot!

Here is a pic of the ovens and these super long peels they use to throw the pies in them. This was the first time I have seen peels this big. They're like 15ft long!

Antico Pizza Napoletana on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment